News - Week 08/03/09

The Blog News:

I'm interested in interviewing authors for the blog. It's easy. Five questions. Annnd, the best part? I will draw a little picture of your character to put in with the interview. This offer won't last forever, so take advantage of it now! I will also interview agents, editors, and book illustrators--in your case, I will draw a cute mini-version of you! Email me at rtlovejoy (at) yahoo (dot) com if you're interested - and don't be shy- I'd love to interview you.


Another offer I currently have up is the Art Saves project, so check that out.
__


Book Status:
My second book now has...*suspenseful music* how many words?

51,000!!!!

I still have to write the end arc.

Also, ever since I returned from Rhode Island last week, I drew 5 new illustrations for book2. (Book2 has a title, but I don't want to spoil no-gosh-darn-nothin' yet! Oh, double negatives, why do you have to be so fun to use?)

__


New Books Out:

THE RED TREE by Caitlin R. Kiernan

SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater

THE FIRE KING by Marjorie Liu

PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS by Michelle Zink

DEAD GIRL IN LOVE by Linda Joy Singleton

COFFEEHOUSE ANGEL by Suzanne Selfors

__


Book Buzz:

--Emily Keyes from Lori Perkins is one of the agents who requested a partial from me. She is now actively seeking new clients! Congratulations, Emily--wishing you a successful career!

--Don't miss out on all the great revision tips from the Summer Revision Smackdown!

--Readergirlz Art Saves gallery!

--Rachelle Gardner posted an article about break-in novels.

--Justice: cover for LIAR changed to reflect character's true ethnicity.

--The trailer for THE LOVELY BONES is out! One of my favorite books!

--Fabulous article by Editorial Anonymous about submission.

--Moonrat says, know thy category!


Cheers all,

--Realm

Comments

  1. 51k!! That's awesome!

    Btw--I've already spread this post to all publishing peeps that might be looking for a fun interview, and a few authors--woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay--thanks!! You're the best!!! It's going to be fun. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts